5.03.2008

Spring Gardens



Is there a garden blogger out there that isn't struggling to balance the desire to garden and the desire to blog about their gardens? The pouring rain we are having today is the only reason the computer is my gardening tool of choice at the moment. Just like housework, the computer gets pushed aside during gardening season in favour of putting my hands into the soil, planting, or trimming while inhaling the fragrance that is spring. The work (and I hesitate to call it work) of preparing the gardens is usually accompanied by the sweet chorus of song birds. Today, being stuck indoors, that sweet sound is missed. But, since I am a gardener, and gardeners define the term "Eternal Optimist", I know that tomorrow I will garden again and listen to the birds as they serenade the neighbourhood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the need to find a happy medium, too. The gardening season is upon us, but I want to keep up my blog as well. I've found that getting up earlier helps - fortunately I'm a morning person. It's so easy in the winter, but now my garden calls, and the planting won't wait. I came across your blog at Blog Catalog. :)