

Enough already! As I write this it is -16C. With the wind chill, it is -30C. The sun is quickly setting, and the warmth from the sun that has been pouring through the windows is fading as well. Frankly I am tired of the frost on the windows, pretty as it is. I am tired of bundling up in every piece of outerwear I own just to take the garbage out! I want spring! A petition calling for the return of spring, or the banning of winter occured to me, but who would I send it to? Parliament? Hardly! Mother Nature? Perhaps, but who has her address? Anyone?
So, as I contemplated this week's blog instalment, putting up more pictures of snow, ice and desolation depressed me so much, I couldn't bring myself to do it! Going through all the photos on the computer, I saw the irises and was immediately transported to spring. I thought of their sweet fragrance, their lovely flowers and all thoughts of winter disappeared. Hopefully the photos help will bring some spring to your mind too.

No comments:
Post a Comment